Sunday, 20 November 2011
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Monday, 31 October 2011
Sunday, 30 October 2011
How can you make the best of your Galaxy S2 or your android phone you say? Read on to find out!!!
1. Quick calls and texts: Once you have a contact in front of you on the screen, swipe the name left or right to make calls and texts!
2. Screenshots: Hold the home button and then hit the power button, the screenshot will then be saved to the gallery.
3. Quick brightness adjust: If you aren’t using the autobrightness feature then hit the notification bar and hold for a second, then swipe left or right to change the screen brightness. This is one of my favourite shortcuts!
4. Browser Text Wrap: As standard the browser on the S2 doesn’t automatically adjust the ‘fit’ of the text on a webpage if you zoom in. However if you go to settings and check the auto fit pages box then it will. which is good :-)
5. Task Killer and Juice defender: Android already comes with a stock task killer but I also suggest downloading juice defender from the marketplace to squeeze every last drop of power out your battery.
6. Browser tab switching: If you wanna switch web page tabs then simply ‘pinch’ the screen and you will be taken to a screen where you can swipe between all your open webpages.
7. Home screen/App draw slider: swipe your finger over the dots at the bottom of the screen to change screens quickly
8. Test Mode: On the dialer press *#0*# to bring up a menu where you test lots of different things.
9. Video lock: Press the power button while a video is playing to lock the screen, no accidental pushes or changes of orientation will disturb you now!
10. TV remote control: If you have a samsung tv that is wifi enabled, you can use the S2 as a remote! How cool is that?! All that is needed is an app from the Samsung App Store
Sunday, 16 October 2011
Monday, 3 October 2011
Hi all! So my latest little trip out was to the Eurogamer Expo at Earls Court in London!!!
Samsung happen to be a sponsor and they had an amazing stand for everyone to take a look at!
While I was there I got to take a look at all the latest games such as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Final Fantasy 13-2 and had a go at tekken and some crazy dancing game for the kinect too!
There was a really good atmosphere and everyone had a brilliant time. Did I mention people won prizes too? Like a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and a Galaxy S2
This guy must love Samsung, he had two phones….A Galaxy S and a Galaxy S2! Lucky!!!
Not quite sure who won this dance off!
Also one of the samsung guys was nice enough to show us ‘Smart View’ which is available on the 10.1 tab! Take a look!
Ok so all of you know that I own a Galaxy S2 and the 10.1 tab…this allows me to watch a lot of video content when I’m out and about so I thought I would share my top 5!
Well joint 5th really…
Yes…I do have a strange sense of humour
I do love this show…totally worth watching if you’re into hospital kind of programmes and such!
I like to watch the F1 on my mobile devices when I’m out and about…the video above is one of my favourite moments when Jenson Button won the monaco grand prix but parked in the wrong space and ended up running around the track to the podium!
Watching this film just makes me want to go to Japan!!!
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
S0 hiya everyone, as you all know I’m the owner of a Galaxy S2….what you don’t know is that it's not only great for business and socialising it’s also great for keeping up with your latest sports too!
Firstly a nice app that I've found on the Android market is one that measures your heart rate…it’s very clever how it works which I'll explain in a moment!
Here is the home screen of the app, from start up it instructs you to cover the camera lens with your finger (it also helps to hold your finger and phone towards a light source when doing this) it then detects the minor changes in light passing through your finger as blood pulses through it. How clever?! This app is ace if your doing exercise and cant afford a dedicated heart rate monitor. It also allows you to save each measurement that you take and also share it with your social networks if you like. Hence you can keep track of your heart rate and your fitness level with it!
The next app that I’ve found is very relevant to my sport! I practice fencing as a hobby and as anyone can tell you when swords are flying everywhere and you’re refereeing a match often it is easy to lose track of how many hits each fencer has landed. This where the fencing scorekeeper comes in!
On this screen you can see that it incorporates a stopwatch and also a touch counter (which is highly useful!)
You can also set how long the match is going to be (i.e how many ‘touches’)
If anyone is a bit naughty then there is also a facility to issue cards to each fencer, with points being added automatically when a card is shown.
Finally the app shows when the pre-set number of touches has been reached and shows this screen which displays the score and which fencer won very clearly.
But of course the fun doesn’t stop there, with a touch of a button the app is ready to record the scores for the next fight!
So guys and gals! Fancy winning USD$65000? Well follow these instructions very carefully!
If you have a galaxy s2 you are eligible to play in the Samsung Mobile Challenge, all you have to do is complete two laps on the game Asphalt 6 and post a high score at the end. There are 27 countries participating in the event. Did I mention the top two from each country get the chance to go to a final event in Busan, South Korea and maybe win USD$65000? Here’s how to get a slice of the action:
1. Hit up the Samsung App store and search for Asphalt 6!
2. Download and install Asphalt 6 then open it up, you’ll see the tab ‘WCG 2011’ ….hit that one!!
3. Admire the Samsung sports car and select race!
4. Complete two laps and then submit your high score by entering a username, country and phone number!
5. Finally admire yourself on the leaderboard! As you can see here…I'm currently 1st place in the UK! However the preliminary qualifying event is until 25th September and I'm challenging you to do better! :D
Sunday, 4 September 2011
So this month I went on a little holiday with one of my friends to Devon! Instead of taking my digital camera (which happens to be a Samsung ES30) I decided to take ALL of my pictures with the Galaxy S2! I used different filters to get different results and got a little ‘arty farty’ haha! Here are the results!
Here I am at the wheel of my fiesta! my friend took the picture obviously!
Turns out folks from Dudley get everywhere! Here’s a pic with examples of the local Dudley dialect!
This shot was taken from the Quay at Appledore, I like effect the Sepia filter on the S2 has.
Westward Ho! the only town in the UK to have an exclamation mark in its name!
A shot in black and white of a ship graveyard while walking to the near town of Bideford.
I love the way the negative filter makes this shot look stormy! Actually it was a rather nice day though!
Myself flying a parachute kite (fairly low so i didnt injure anyone!) at Woolacombe beach!
We also built a sandcastle…that was quickly obliterated when the tide came in!
We also got to feed some sheep!
We also visited the old town of Clovelly, there are no motor vehicles allowed and all the streets are cobbled! It was quite a walk!
A shot across the bay at Clovelly!
A waterfall at Clovelly bay, the small cave to the left of the waterfall is apparently where Merlin was born.
Since it was rumoured that Merlin was born there, I did the same shot in negative to make it look a bit ‘magical’ lol.
Here we visited a place called Lynmouth, they have quite a rocky beach. I really like this shot though!
At the Lynmouth estate, they have two giant redwood trees, this is one of them. It’s approximately 100 years old, but they can live to 1000 years!
This was also taken at the gorge in Lynmouth, here in 1952 there was a terrbile disaster where massive flooding took 34 lives. Today the gorge and the river have been reinforced so that it will never happen again.
I hope you liked my selection of pictures, hopefully that shows how versatile the Galaxy S2 is as a standalone camera!
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
The 10.1 Tab on paper!
256.7 x 175.3 x 8.6 mm --- astronomically thin! Thinner than it’s closest competitors
565 g – What I would call a “one hander” i.e you wont be getting cramp if you hold it in front of you with one hand for an extended amount of time.
PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors – Absolutely stunning, see the video above!
800 x 1280 pixels, 10.1 inches – A nice size with a good aspect ratio! Perfect for watching those HD movies!
- Gorilla Glass display – for those that are less careful with gadgets
- TouchWiz UX UI
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Three-axis gyro sensor
- Touch-sensitive controls
Yes, with stereo speakers – Good bass for their size, once again see video above! :)
Yes – for all the music lovers out there!
Practically unlimited entries and fields – perfect for all you socialites out there!
16/32/64 GB storage, 1GB RAM – Theres a good range of models with different size memory options! I personally have the 16GB and thats enough for me!
HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot – Can also make the tab into a portable hotspot! Perfect for when you want to access wifi on a laptop via the Tab!
Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash – Takes stunning shots!
Yes, 720p – For all you budding movie directors out there! I find that the quality is great and then you can use All share to play your movies back on a TV! How amazing is that!!!!
Yes, 2 MP – If you like taking pictures of yourself this is ace! Also great for video calling via skype and such!
Android OS, v3.1 (Honeycomb) – A Version of android that is optimised for tablets.
Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU, Tegra 2 T20 chipset – The Tegra 2 is blistering fast and allows the user to play specific games that are optimised for it. I haven’t experienced any lag yet!
Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS – Standard features, but infinately useful!
HTML – With FLASH! so yes you can watch as many flash videos and play as many flash games as you like!
Yes, with A-GPS support
- SNS integration – With the social hub, tend to all your messages, wall posts, notifications in one place!
- MP4/DivX/Xvid/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/OGG player
- Image/video editor
- Quickoffice HD editor/viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Adobe Flash 10.2 support
- Voice memo
- Predictive text input (Swype)
Standard battery, Li-Po 7000 mAh – Here are a couple of pictures showing the amount of use i’ve been getting out the battery!